Mission Call

Mission Call

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Off to the MTC I go

Jumping for Joy

     In less than 24 hours, I will be sitting in the Provo Missionary Training Center. I will be in a brand new area with completely different people. That journey will last for 12 days until I head off on another journey to Maryland on June 23rd. Right now it's hard to think about all of the emotions I'm feeling. Honestly, all I can think about is how hungry I am, how much I want ice cream, and how much I wish my head would stop hurting. Probably not the best things to be thinking of as I prepare to be set apart as a full-time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, but I guess I just can't help it! For my last day as a normal 19 year old girl, I chose to spend the majority of it with my family at the Mount Timpanogos temple (#favoritetemple) and it is absolutely beautiful! I love the feeling of the spirit throughout the temple. I can honestly say, there is no better place (even my bed!). While thinking about the MTC that I will enter tomorrow, I can't help but hope for such a spirit there with me. I know it's not the temple, although we do get to visit there often, but I can't help but wonder how strong the spirit will be in a place where I am surrounded by people who have the desire to serve the Lord. So many people full of optimism and hope and love. I don't know a lot of things pertaining to missionary work or the MTC, but I do know that it will be amazing. It will be a learning experience. And, it will be worth it.
     My wonderful family will be updating this site while I am gone, so check back here for more info! I would love to hear from you all during my MTC stay and after. For now, my MTC mailing address is: 

Sister Terilyn Humphrey
JUN23 MD-BALT
2009 N 900 E Unit 142
Provo UT 84602

     Please write or email me! I could use all the support I can get! And don't forget to check out the website dearelder.com where you can write me online and I will get a letter in the mail the next day! It's free while I'm at the MTC and very simple to figure out! Thank you all for your love! In one way or another, you've all shaped me into the person I am today. I love you! 
Love, 
Sister Terilyn Humphrey

P.s. My mission email is terilyn.humphrey@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment