Mission Call

Mission Call

Monday, July 20, 2015

Another Week Flying By!


This week Terilyn sent three separate emails. She kept forgetting things. At the end of the first I added an exchange we had via email. I happened to be able to get her email quick today, and responded before she was off the computer, and she quickly replied.
Enjoy!!
Terilyn's mom: Julie
On Jul 20, 2015, at 1:15 PM, Terilyn Humphrey <terilyn.humphrey@myldsmail.net> wrote:

Hi my dearest friends and family!

     How are you this week? Great I hope! I have some good news for this week. Some friends of ours, actually the Elders' investigators, are ON DATE FOR BAPTISM! They're awesome people! Technically they're not our investigators, but we've been going over and visiting with them twice a week along with the Elders, so I consider them mine, too. I'm just so excited :) And another great friend, Holly, is getting her Patriarchal blessing on the same day (August 8th) and she has invited my companion and I to come! She's just the best person ever. I love her :) So many good things! 

We also got to talk with a member, Sister S, who is struggling right now. She's getting a divorce and her now ex-husband is returning to church, which is a great thing! And she's happy for him, but she's also very depressed because her whole marriage she worked to get him to come, and now that he's coming, he's leaving her to the side. And I kinda know how that feels. It's hard to help someone get where they need to be, and be happy for them, but also feel left in the dust when they don't need you anymore. It was a tough situation, but we were able to bring her some comfort through the "Courage" Mormon Message and that seemed to really help her :) She's a neat person.

We got to set up a booth this week and talk to a whole bunch of people and share our message with them about the church! It was so cool! I street contacted over 20 people in less than an hour! SO EXCITING! 

So, you should all be proud of me because I went a WHOLE MONTH without being hurt. And then it happened. Haha, but it wasn't my fault. My sweet companion hasn't been watching me back her out, instead she just kinda goes, and last Wednesday she decided to do that while there was a car behind her. I was trying to back her out and stop her, but she wasn't watching and I couldn't move out of the way fast enough. Sadly, my knee got pinned between the two cars and my kneecap dislocated, but no worries! It's relocated, maybe a little off, but all is well. (Which means, DON'T call the mission president, Mom. He already knows.) It's pretty bruised up, but not too bad. I bruised some capsules in my knee, but I didn't need to go to the doctors. And I'm walking just fine. I just hope Sister Lawrence pays more attention next time... I'm not sure she will haha. Other than that, nothing too big happened this week. I have lots of emails to respond to, though, so this will have to be short. 

I want to encourage you all to read Alma 32 and Ether 12. AMAZING chapters in the Book of Mormon about faith :) And that's where it all starts! Oh! And look on facebook for pictures of me under #socialmediasplit #Baltimoremission #MarylandBaltimoreMission because it was our Social Media split day last Saturday! The work is going well and I'm meeting so many new people! In fact, just as we were leaving Aldi's after shopping, a convert just stopped Sis. Lawrence and I and said "Thank you for your service! It's because of missionaries like you that my life has been changed. It's because of missionaries that I've been baptized along with my wife." COOL STORY! I love people like that :) So good week. I'm loving the work! I love you all! Have a great week!

Love, 

Sister Humphrey

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 3:27 PM, Julie <jwhumphrey04@msn.com> wrote:

No!!! Not an injury!!! Are you sure you're okay?? 

The rest of the letter sounds great!!!!! Keep being positive! 

Love you!

Sent from my phone: Julie 

I promise I'm fine Mom :) I'm walking like a normal person!
Love, 

Sister Humphrey

Forgot something: 
Forgot to add in my thoughts in my Inspiration Journal. I seriously don't have a lot of time, so they'll be scattered, but I'll try :)

"Where there is true faith there are miracles, visions, dreams, healings, and ALL THE GIFTS OF GOD that He gives to His Saints." - Bible Dictionary for Faith in Jesus Christ

We will only see miracles AFTER the trial of our faith-When the work is slow and it feels like the Lord isn't guiding you, have faith. He is still there and, if you continually have Faith in Him, miracles WILL happen. Faith leads to Trust. When we Trust in our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, doubt, fear, and worry go away. It all starts with Faith, then that faith builds Trust. And when we have Trust in Them, we have Hope for the future. A life without hope is no life at all. When we trust the Lord with all our hearts, our Hope will be an unwavering assurance for the future because we will know everything will be okay. Without a doubt. 

Okay, that's my thought for the week. I had quotes, but I left them at home... I suck, I know. I'll add a WHOLE BUNCH of quotes next week. I promise. 

I'm also going on exchanges this week! I'll be staying in Harpers Ferry with a Sister Training Leader while my companion leaves, which means I’LL BE IN CHARGE! Yeah, there's a little doubt there. And fear, but all it takes in FAITH! The Lord will not let me fail. I will be able to get through 3 days with someone who knows the area and people even less than me. It'll definitely be a learning experience. Okay, I think that's all for now! 

Love, 

Sister Humphrey


I forgot the pictures...

Guys, I'm really bad at this emailing thing... SO I forgot pictures. And, I forgot one of the best parts about this week! This week we had New Trainer/Trainee meeting and I got to see my last companion Sister Hart!!! YAY!! And all the others from my district! Totally made my day :) So I have pictures from that among other things. I promise this will be the last email. Thanks for your patience :) 

Love, 

Sister Humphrey











No comments:

Post a Comment